We are hiring
Team Member / Program Coordinator
We know how awesome summer camp is and we want you to help us send more people for the best summers of their lives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Interviewing applicants face to face to determine their eligibility for the program
- Creating written reports and summaries of applicants, building their online profiles
- Representing Camp Leaders at the biggest camp job fairs in Hungary
- Assisting USA camp directors in finding the perfect summer staff
- You’ll be working on a small team providing exceptional customer service to our participants, which day to day means use of our bespoke database to manage applications and making direct contact via phone and e-mail.
- Through your work, you’ll support the team around you to deliver a smooth, streamlined process.
- You’ll need to work at some of our promotional events which may include public speaking.
- Day to day, you will guide participants through their applications via methods such as phone calls, text messages, social media and email.
- You’ll assist your line manager to identify areas in which you excel; resulting in you becoming a specialist in particular elements of the program.
- Throughout the course of a year, you will attend our events up and down the country from preparation days to job fairs so domestic travel shouldn’t phase you.
- Your interactions with participants will be enthusiastic, engaging and meaningful.
Skills and Attributes
- Your bright, bubbly and enthusiastic personality will be key to your success in this role
- You’re a self motivated person, who isn’t phased by a fast paced work environment
- High level of English knowledge (spoken and written)
- Driver’s license and extensive driving experience
- Previous participation in a J1 program (and you’ll come with glowing references from your camp director)
- You live and breathe summer camp, you talk about it to everyone you know and your passion will be evident in the way you speak to applicants wanting to experience it for the first time
- You see tasks through to the end; your enthusiasm doesn’t waiver
- You have a desire for self development and you’re flexible in your approach to work
- You’re computer literate (preferably mac)
- You’ll be persuasive in your approach to communication
How we work?
Slightly different to the norm, here at Smaller Earth, we work from a ‘season to season’ perspective.
The start of our season is September and here we fly out of the blocks, geared up and ready to go with a heavy focus on sales. Come January, we fly over dozens of camps from the US who meet participants face to face at our infamous job fairs - the pinnacle of the Camp Leaders season. To round up the year, we focus on helping participants obtain their US visa, book their flights and prepare them for the summer of their lives.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why join us?
From our 15 international offices, we send thousands of young people on work and travel programs, all around the world. We believe that travelling changes your life. It broadens your horizons, changes your perspective and grows you as a person.
Everyone should travel. Travel has the power to be truly meaningful and finding that meaning is why we do what we do. All across the world we’re connected, inspired and motivated by our strong values. Our purpose is to inspire people to go further, and our international offices are filled with staff who do just that. Camp Leaders is our Flagship program.
We started our organisation around summer camp, and it remains at the heart of what we do. We have positively impacted over 20,000 people through summer camp, and we see this as just the start.
At Camp Leaders we recruit excited young people to work at summer camps all across the US. We expertly match participants, based on their skills, with camps based on their individual staffing needs.
For our participants we are here to make their summer camp vision a reality. From the moment they begin, we are committed to giving them the best experience at every single point. And that’s where you come in.
Think you'd be a good fit?
Don't worry. We aren't sharing your information with 3rd parties.