Student job abroad 🇺🇸
Experience for a lifetime. 🗽
The best student job abroad
Are you over 19? Do you have at least a completed school year at a university in Hungary? Do you speak English? If your answers were yes to the above questions, there is probably nothing in your way!
Summer camp in America is your chance to do something different. We’ve sent thousands of people to work abroad in the USA and with hundreds of roles to choose from, there’s going to be something to suit you too.
If you’re longing for an extra amount of adventure, new friends, unforgettable adventures, what’s more you are not afraid of challenges, we have good news for you! You can go to the US with Camp Leaders if you meet the eligibility requirements.
As a young university student you can try yourself as a Camp Counselor or Support Staff member! The choice is yours – we’ll surely find the best fitting job for you.
Working in a summer camp isn’t simply about doing the daily work. You’re not gonna rest after you finished with your work because there are a lot of adventures and experiences waiting for you!
You’ll get to know the traditional camps of the United States first hand, and your collegues will become your friends, no doubt about that. So leave your comfort zone, make some international friends and get to know yourself more – do all of this while even making some money!
Would you like to teach your favourite sports to kids? Do you want to gain teaching experience? If you are great with kids, enjoy living a fast-paced life and you are not afraid of taking responsibility, you should apply for the Camp Counselor position.
- General Counselor: You'll be leading a small group of campers, looking out for them and encouraging them - and joining in on the fun.
- Activity Specialist: Lead activity sessions. Whatever you're passionate about, you'll be able to teach it at summer camp.
- Special Needs Counselor: The most meaningful job at camp. You’ll be there to support and enable campers of all abilities to flourish and have a summer without limits.
If you are a great team-player and you would like to be a member of a diverse community, you should join the Support Staff! They are responsible for the operational tasks of camp. You can work in the kitchen, the office, you can take care of housekeeping, laundry or maintenance related tasks.
You're eligible if:
- You’ll be at least 19 years old by June 6th 2021
- You have at least a conversational level of English knowledge
You are currently studying at a Hungarian university, and have at least a completed school year, or you have a full-time job working with children
Granting a J1 (cultural exchange visitor) visa is under the authority of the US Embassy thus it is not in the power of Camp Leaders to determine if you will be granted one.
Work and Travel
The order in the title is not a coincidence. If you only want to travel without working, we must disappoint you. Work comes first, then comes fun! But of course the time you spend working is full of fun too.
Summer camps start at the end of May/ early June, and run for about 9-12 weeks - and you'll get a maximum of 30 days afterward to check out anything and everything you want to see in the USA.
Ever wanted to view the New York skyline from the Empire State building, surf the waves in San Diego or witness a sunrise over the Grand Canyon? - you can go wherever you want, however you want, this is your time, it’s your vacation!
Your guaranteed pocket money after taxes for the summer:
- Support Staff (Age 19-30): USD 1300
- Camp Counselor (Age 18-20): USD 950
Camp Counselor (Age 21+): USD 1050
Special Needs Counselor: + USD 150
Activity Specialist: + USD 100
Apply for 2021 now
Our program includes:
- guaranteed placement
- round-way plane ticket that allows changes
- interview opportunity with camps
- up to 90 days medical insurance
- a full service of visa arrangements
- itinerary to your camp (transportation costs covered by us)
- food and accommodation at camp during your stay
- pre-departure orientation
- 24/7 US Helpline
- opportunity to travel after work
- you can fly home from a city other than New York
Spend your whole summer in America for the price of a flight.
Fees, you don’t pay for us, but are necessary for your departure:
J1 Visa fee – USD 160 you must pay in HUF for the American Consulate between February and May the earliest.
SEVIS fee – 35 USD
Visa picture – about 2000 HUF