Team Member Camp Leaders
From our 15 international offices, we send thousands of young people on work and travel programs, all around the world. We believe that travelling changes your life. It broadens your horizons, changes your perspective and grows you as a person. Everyone should travel. Travel has the power to be truly meaningful and finding that meaning is why we do what we do. All across the world we’re connected, inspired and motivated by our strong values. Our purpose is to inspire people to go further, and our international offices are filled with staff who do just that.
Camp Leaders is our Flagship program. We started our organisation around summer camp, and it remains at the heart of what we do. We have positively impacted over 20,000 people through summer camp, and we see this as just the start.
At Camp Leaders we recruit excited young people to work at summer camps all across the US. We expertly match participants, based on their skills, with camps based on their individual staffing needs. For our participants we are here to make their summer camp vision a reality. From the moment they begin, we are committed to giving them the best experience at every single point.
And that’s where you come in.
You’ll be part of changing the lives of over 10 million young people through summer camp.
You’ll be part of an inspiring global company with 150 colleagues around the world.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, bright and bubbly individual to come on board and join our customer service teams on a temporary basis. You’ll need to have a breadth of experience in regards to the responsibilities required for the program and a strength towards sales would be favourable. As a key team player, you’ll help contribute to the wider teams success and will go above and beyond to achieve the bigger picture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You’ll be working on a small team providing exceptional customer service to our participants, which day to day means use of our bespoke database to manage applications and making direct contact via phone and email.
- Through your work, you’ll support the team around you to deliver a smooth, streamlined process
- You’ll need to work at some of our promotional events which may include public speaking
- Day to day, you will guide participants through their applications via methods such as phone calls, text messages, social media and email
- You’ll assist your line manager to identify areas in which you excel; resulting in you becoming a specialist in particular elements of the program
- Throughout the course of a year, you will attend our events up and down the country from preparation days to job fairs so domestic travel shouldn’t phase you
- Your interactions with participants will be enthusiastic, engaging and meaningful
Skills and attributes
- Your bright, bubbly and enthusiastic personality will be key to your success in this role
- You’re a self motivated person, who isn’t phased by a fast paced work environment
- You will have worked at a summer camp and you’ll come with glowing references from your camp director
- You live and breathe summer camp, you talk about it to everyone you know and your passion will be evident in the way you speak to applicants wanting to experience it for the first time
- You see tasks through to the end; your enthusiasm doesn’t waiver
- You have a desire for self development and you’re flexible in your approach to work
- You’re computer literate (preferably mac)
- You’ll be persuasive in your approach to communication
Phase 1 - The chat
Phase 2 - The culture screen
Phase 3 - The real skills
Phase 4 - It's you
Think you'd be a good fit?
If you'd like to chat about this role, please either give the careers team a ring on 0151 708 6868 or email email@example.com