Travel Writing Work Placement
We’re looking for aspiring writers who would like the opportunity to gain experience working for an exciting and vibrant brand while building a real-world writing portfolio.
If you’re looking for a career in writing, blogging or content marketing and you are passionate about travel then Camp Leaders/Smaller Earth is the place for you.
Duties and responsibilities
Over your work placement, you’ll be responsible for creating 10 blogs which will be shared with our global community of over 150,000 visitors each year.
You’ll learn how to choose topics based on search engine optimisation (SEO) and keyword research, how to publish blogs through a content management system (CMS) and how to compose them to drive traffic to a website.
- Learn search engine optimisation (SEO) basics to understand how to write content that helps drive organic traffic to websites
- To gain insight into working as a copywriter in a professional environment
- Produce a daily blog and by the end of the work-placement have a completed portfolio of 10 blogs published.
What we're looking for
- You’re creative
- You’re passionate about travel
- You love writing
- You want to work in a fun and creative environment (we have an office ping pong table and bean bags…)
- You’re looking for a career in writing, blogging or content marketing