Returning to camp
Negotiate your salary with your camp
- Pay in installments
- Return to the same camp you attended in previous years, or go to a new one
- You don't need to have travelled with us before
- Speedier application process
INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM:
- Accommodation & Meals
- 120 day medical insurance policy (yes, no more 90 day policy)
- J1 VISA support and guidance
- Visa sponsorship and assistance
- DS2019 processing fee
- USD$35 US Government SEVIS Fee
- 24-hour emergency support the US
There are some third party fees paid to organisations like your doctor, the US government, and background check agencies, as part of the J1 visa requirements.
- Medical Check - If needed
- US Visa Interview -$185 Paid to US Embassy in local currency
- Advanced Police Check - Varies from country to country
- Flights - Varies from country to country and destiny
If you are switching agencies, there is a USD$50 extra charge
Back to camp in 5 steps:
To secure your place as a returner, you need to pay your USD$100 deposit.
We’d recommend doing this as soon as possible, as visa paperwork is limited and we don’t want you to miss out.Pay your deposit
To get On Review
- Read and sign the program agreement
- Provide one satisfactory reference
Once your placement gets confirmed
- Sign Placement offer and medical release
- Upload your documents Expired J-1 visas, Passport and Police check
We need all these and the second installment paid before we can start your visa paperwork
Once you are Placed we’ll help to get your visa paperwork sorted and will order that all important DS-2019.
Although you’re returning, you’ll still need to head to the embassy as they like to issue paperwork in person.
This time around, you know where you're heading - so you’ll have access to the best flight deals. Wahoo!
Please note - the embassy recommends that you do not book your flight until you've had your visa approved.
Once you book your flights upload the flight information in your profile as soon as possible so we can create your insurance policy.
Frequently asked returner questions
Can I go with Camp Leaders if I used a different agency before?
Anyone who has been a camp counselor before is eligible. If you went to camp with another agency, you can still return with Camp Leaders. But it will have an extra charge to the program fee of USD 50.
What should I expect returning to summer camp?
Lower fees and higher wages. You pay less in program fees as a returner and, because your camp won't be paying an agency fee, you can negotiate your salary directly with your summer camp in America!
How do I get a higher wage as a returner?
As a returner, your camp will not pay a placement/administration fee to Camp Leaders which means you should be paid the same as any other American staff member. Boom.
How difficult is the returner application?
As you already have your job we need less information from you - it's super quick, easy and hassle free.
If I originally went to camp as support staff and now I want to go as a counselor, can I return?
Yes- Log into your application & speak to a member of the returners team.
Do I have to do all the paperwork for my Visa?
No. We will provide all the paperwork required. Returners must still attend an appointment at the US Embassy, but there will be group appointments available to make it nice & easy for ya'll!