Use this section to make sure you’re fully prepped with what you need to take with you to your program.
Reminder: Label your suitcase on the inside and outside and use only TSA approved locks.
• Trainers - 2 pairs
• Casual shoes - 1 pair
• Shorts or leggings - 3 pairs
• Jeans - 1 pair
• Underwear/socks - 10 pairs
• Swimwear* - 2 pairs
• T-shirts - 5 at the minimum
• Warm hoodie
• Outfit for staff banquet
*(one piece swimming suit usually required at most camps for females)
Make an extra copy of each of these to put in your checked baggage. Most camps will have a safe place for you to store your important paperwork.
• Your passport & J1 VISA
• Visa paperwork - DS-2019 form
• SEVIS receipt
• Insurance card
• Flight itinerary
• A copy of your camp contract
• A copy of your police check and medical form
• Any travel tickets for your departure and arrival (train tickets)
• A copy of your onward travel information printed out from your Camp Leaders profile
Blog: The Ultimate Packing List
For a full list on what to take to camp, check out our ultimate packing list blog.