Use this section to make sure you’re fully prepped with what you need to take with you to your program.
It's not just swimsuits and sunglasses - you'll need to make sure you've got your travel documents and onward travel information in order. Heres everything you need to know.
The Camp Leaders packing list:
Reminder: Label your suitcase on the inside and outside and use only TSA approved locks.
- Trainers - 2 pairs
- Casual shoes - 1 pair
- Shorts or leggings - 3 pairs
- Jeans - 1 pair
- Underwear/socks - 10 pairs
- Swimwear* - 2 pairs
- T-shirts - 5 at the minimum
- Warm hoodie
- Outfit for staff banquet
- *(one piece swimming suit usually required at most camps for females)
Make an extra copy of each of these to put in your checked baggage. Most camps will have a safe place for you to store your important paperwork.
- Your passport & J1 VISA
- Visa paperwork - DS-2019 form
- SEVIS receipt
- Insurance card
- Flight itinerary
- A copy of your camp contract
- A copy of your police check and medical form
- Any travel tickets for your departure and arrival (train tickets)
- A copy of your onward travel information printed out from your Camp Leaders profile
- A mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Supporting letter from your visa sponsor ONLY IF you are arriving later than the date on yourDS-2019 form.