You are viewing our US website. If you are a participant looking to take part in the program, please select your country.

Sponsor Information

Make sure you:
  • Attend a Camp Leaders Prep Day
  • Know who your visa sponsor is and how to contact them
  • Fill in your questionnaire during the summer
J1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program Sponsorship

In order to visit the United States for longer than a holiday, it is necessary to obtain a visa. Camp Leaders participants come to America on a J1 Exchange Visa, as part of the BridgeUSA Program. This program is regulated by the Department of State (DoS) through their Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs (ECA). Whose mission statement is “To increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through Educational and Cultural Exchanges that support the development of peaceful relations.

Prep Days

Attendance at Prep days is a requirement of the Department of State and it is mandatory that you attend. Prep days are a crucial part of providing valuable information and also an introduction to your summer in America. Due to Covid-19, prep days will occur online for the 2021 season and it is mandatory you participate in an online session before traveling.

Questionnaire & Check-in

Every 30 days you are required to fill out a short online questionnaire. This is a requirement of the US DoS (Department of State) and initiated by your sponsor to ensure your health, safety and welfare while on your camp program and to also share highlights of your program. You will receive further information on this via e-mail, directly from your visa sponsor. If you need more information, log in to your Camp Leaders profile and head to the Visa section.

Camp Leaders Visa Sponsor Partners:

It is mandatory for you to know who your visa sponsor is and how to contact them. Your visa sponsor’s information can be found on your DS-2019 and on your Camp Leaders profile in the visa section.

Cultural Homestay International (CHI)

  • 255 West End Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901
  • Phone: 1-800-432-4643

Cultural Exchange Network (CENET)

  • 338 Broadway St., Ste. 620, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
  • Phone: 1-866-513-3638

United Studies Student Exchange (USSE)

  • 100 Ridgeway St, Suite 1A, Hot Springs, AR 71901
  • Phone: 1-800-869-8585
  • Phone: 1-888-812-3208 (Emergencies)

Up Next: Insurance Information